7 Great Apps for Boaters
May 3, 2017
Thanks to modern technology such as smartphones, boaters now have an enormous amount of useful information right at their fingertips. Here are a few helpful apps for boating.By Dan Mathers
• Navionics Boating GPS – This popular boating GPS provides detailed charts and has advanced features like chart updates, dock-to-dock rerouting, and weather and tide information.
• Dockwa – Dockwa allows boaters to easily find marinas at their destination, request a slip or mooring and handle reservations and payment.
• NOAA SuperRes Radar HD – This app from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration provides boaters with up-to-date weather information and super high-resolution radar maps that are more detailed than anything else out there.
• Boat Ramps – The Boat Ramps app helps boaters locate and get directions to more than 35,000 boat ramps throughout the country.
• Buoy Tracker – Buoy Tracker gives you information on current boating conditions using the most recent NOAA buoy data on wave, wind, atmospheric pressure, swell data, and much more.
• Tide Graph – The Tide Graph app provides boaters with plenty of useful tide information by using data from thousands of US coastal stations and presenting them in a fun and interactive graph.
• Animated Knots – The Animated Knots app is a helpful resource for learning useful knots with easy-to-follow instructions and animations.