Coast Guard Station Woods Hole Receives New Rescue Boat
March 12, 2013
The crews of Coast Guard Station Woods Hole received a brand-new 45’ Response Boat–Medium (RB-M) on Thursday, March 7, 2013. The new boat, which boasts an improved design, better ergonomics and enhanced safety features over the older 41′ rescue boat it replaces, is part of the Coast Guard’s plan to standardize and revitalize its shore-based fleet.
The RB-M’s features include:
- Deep-vee, double-chine hull
- Self-righting capability
- Prominent fendering
- Twin diesel engines with water-jet propulsion
- Multiple navigation displays, wireless crew communication system and Infra Red (IR) camera
- Pilothouse with shock-mitigating seats for crew of 4
- Climate-controlled cabin
- 5-person survivor’s compartment
Follow New England Boating:
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on New England Boating, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!