CT to Close Bashan Lake Launch for Renovations
April 2, 2015
The Connecticut DEEP has announced that it is temporarily closing the Bashan Lake State Boat Launch in East Haddam for renovations, effective April 6 through July 1, 2015.
Renovations to the Bashan Lake State Boat Launch will include:
• installing a state-of-the-art pre-cast concrete ramp, with a grooved surface
• installing an ADA accessible fixed concrete pier for docking
• grading, prepping and paving the surface
• installing a paved handicapped accessible parking area and travel way with unhindered access to the dock system
• grading, adding gravel and wheel stops for a new parking lot design to accommodate both trailered and car top boaters
“These renovations will greatly enhance boating operations and ADA accessibility, and facilitate the safe and efficient launching and retrieval of boats,” said DEEP Commissioner Robert Klee.
While the renovations are taking place, boaters and anglers may utilize the following area boat launches, all in East Haddam: Upper and Lower Moodus Reservoir, and Pickerel Lake. For additional State owned boat launches see the CT Boater’s Guide or Locate A State Boat Launch on DEEP’s website.