Event of the Week: 2014 Newport International Boat Show
September 8, 2014
The 44th edition of the Newport International Boat Show begins this Thursday, September 11, and runs through September 14.The event provides visitors with a chance to see the latest boats, marine products and services from hundreds of manufacturers and dealers.
Set along historic Newport Harbor in the heart of downtown Newport, Rhode Island, the show also offers a wealth of educational and fun activities for boating enthusiasts of all ages and levels of experience.
- Confident Captain’s At The Helm offers a variety of daily sail and powerboat on-the-water training classes by USCG Licensed Captains and American Sailing Association certified instructors.
- Power & Motoryacht University will take place on Saturday, September 13th at the Hyatt on Goat Island (near the show site) and include a variety of top-notch speakers and topics to help boaters get the most from their passion.
- Visitors on Thursday will have the opportunity to cast their vote for the best new boat making its US debut in the Newport For New Products People’s Choice Award. One voter will be selected at random to win an iPad with a $50 credit to the online Apple Store. Voting ballots are available at all gates.
- Cruising Outpost will host its 4th annual Cruisers Party. Open to all who are inside the show gates on Saturday at 6:00 p.m., the party will feature a prize drawing to benefit the “Call of the Sea Foundation;” live music, free pizza, beer and soft drinks while they last.
- The Authors Corner in Tent C will feature book signings by Judy Silvia, who captures the beauty of sailing in her writings.
- The lovely and talented Sailor Donna will entertain children with singing, face painting and balloon art on Saturday.
- Visit New England Boating’s booth at NYC, Tent C, Booth 87. Copies of the new Fall issue of New England Boating Magazine will be on sale, plus you can meet New England Boating TV show co-hosts Tom Richardson and Parker Kelley on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
For a list of Exhibitors go to the show website HERE.
For more information on the 44th Annual Newport International Boat Show and to purchase tickets, please visit www.newportboatshow.com. Event updates will be posted as they become available and communicated on the show’s Twitter and Facebook accounts: @NewportBoatShow and www.facebook.com/newportboatshow, respectively.
Show Dates & Hours:
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday, September 11, 12, and 13: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 14th: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11th, VIP Day: Tickets are $30*. If tickets are purchased by Wednesday, September 10th – each order includes a reserved parking space at Easton’s Beach ($15 value, one parking space per transaction). Shuttle bus service from Easton’s Beach to the show entrance is included with the parking space.
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday, September 12, 13 or 14th: Tickets are $15* through Thursday, September 11th and $18* September 12th through the 14th.
- Two-day discounted ticket packages are also available.
- Children under 12 are admitted free all days when accompanied by an adult.
- Friday, September 12th only, visitors with a valid Military or Newport County Resident ID receive half price admission at the ticket booth
(This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offer).
Discounts, packages and advance pricing cannot be combined with other offers.
*Ticket prices are subject to additional processing fees.