From Woods Hole or Vineyard Sound, pick up R 26 Fl R 4s Bell south of Nobska Point then head northeast 2.4 nm to R 16 Fl R 6s Bell. From there proceed north to the green daymarker and light (Fl G 2.5s) marking the western jetty of the harbor entrance. The harbor channel has a MLW depth of 10 feet.
From points east, follow the North Channel through Nantucket Sound to R 16 Fl R 6s Bell, then head north to the harbor entrance. The western jetty is marked by a Fl G 2.5s light and green daymarker.
Chart: NOAA 13229
- Visiting boaters can tie-up to the town float in the extreme northwest corner of the harbor for up to 2 hours. Max. boat size is 25’. Downtown Falmouth is a 10-minute walk.
- MacDougalls’ Cape Cod Marine Service (508-548-3146): Established in 1938, Cape Cod’s largest marina and marine service center is located on the east side of the harbor and just north of the inlet. MacDougalls’ offers transient dockage for boats up to 150’, as well as a 75-ton TraveLift, repair, storage, shower, laundry, canvas work, restrooms, a fuel dock and much more.
- Falmouth Marine (508-548-4600): On west side of harbor, just north of the inlet. Offers transient dockage, fuel, TraveLift, pumpout, restrooms, engine and hull repair and more.
- North Marine (508-457-7000): Near head of harbor on east bank. Service, repair, and storage, but no transient slips.
- Pier 37 (508-540-0123): Rack storage and valet facility on west bank of harbor, next to launch ramp. On-site restaurant and fuel dock.
- Falmouth Town Marina: On west side of harbor, just south of the Pier 37 facility. Offers transient slips for boats to 45 feet; 30-day max. stay in July/Aug. Slips have water, cable and electric. Pump-out available. Restrooms with showers.
The harbor boasts an excellent all-tide ramp with courtesy floats and restrooms. It features a good number of parking spaces, but fills on weekends. No fee. No overnight parking.
- Falmouth Harbormaster Website
- VHF 9 & 16
- Cape Cod Kayak (508-563-9377)
- Windfall Market (508-548-0099): Good market within walking distance of harbor.
- Falmouth Raw Bar (508-548-7729): At the head of the harbor, west bank.
- Clam Shack of Falmouth (508-540-7758): Fried seafood and lobster rolls on the west side of the harbor, near the inlet.
- Flying Bridge Restaurant (508-548-2700): On west side of harbor, just south of Falmouth Marine Park.
- British Beer Company (508-540-9600): Falmouth Heights, overlooking the beach.
- Anejo Mexican Restaurant (508-388-7631): Good Mexican fare in downtown Falmouth.
- Patriot Party Boats: Partyboat fishing out of Falmouth Inner Harbor.
- Falmouth Marine Park: Public park on west side of harbor. Site of summer concerts and other free events. Free parking, bike racks and restrooms. Check the Falmouth COC website for a list of events: Falmouth Events Calendar.
- Falmouth Road Race : Held each August, this popular road race attracts 10,000 runners from all over the world.