Gingerbread Lighthouse Contest in Hull, MA
November 29, 2012
The Hull Lifesaving Museum in Hull, Massachusetts, invites lighthouse lovers to get creative by building a gingerbread lighthouse or lifesaving station to enter in its annual holiday contest.
All entries will be displayed and prizes will be awarded on December 8, when the museum will be visited by “The Flying Santa.”
- All elements of the lighthouse or lifesaving station must be edible; however, it’s OK to use some cardboard or a box for internal support.
- Builders must provide all materials, and will bring the entry to the museum completed.
- Each gingerbread lighthouse/lifesaving station must be built on a sturdy base (foam core, plastic, etc) no larger than 20″ x 20″. A plate or platter works fine.
- All entries must be delivered to the Hull Lifesaving Museum by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 8. Entries will be accepted 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., December 3-7, and between 9 am and 10 am on December 8.
- A registration form and entry fee of $5 must accompany each entry.
- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: age 10 and under, age 10-18, and 18 and over, and Family Project as well as Judge’s Choice.
- Entries will be displayed until 2:00 p.m. on December 8.
- All entries must be picked up by 5 pm on Wednesday, December 12.
For more information, please call 781-925-5433 or email email@example.com.
Follow New England Boating:
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on New England Boating, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!