Longtime Wellfleet, MA, Harbormaster to Retire
December 15, 2020
Michael Flanagan. who has served as Wellfleet, MA, harbormaster for the past 22 years, will retire at the end of this year, according to the Cape Cod Times.
In addition to the daily routines of ensuring marine safety, mooring management, launch ramp supervision, and assisting boaters in trouble, Flanagan has overseen and facilitated the following projects during his tenure:
- Installation of a new septic system funded through the Marina Enterprise Fund.
- Reconstruction of the L-pier and the south bulkhead.
- Installation of a floating dock system.
- 2020 dredging of the federal channel by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (completed in November).
- 2020 dredging of the North Anchorage area near the transient docks, fuel docks and launch ramp (ongoing).