Marine Training Scholarships Announced at IYRS
January 22, 2012
The International Yacht Restoration School based in Rhode Island is offering 6 new scholarships in boatbuilding, marine systems and restoration beginning this fall. Two of these scholarships—the IYRS Craftsmanship Scholarship and the Marine Systems Scholarship—will cover 50 percent of the awarded student’s tuition.
The early application deadline is March 31, 2012.
Scholarship opportunities include:
- IYRS Craftsmanship Scholarship: This new scholarship will cover 50 percent of a student’s tuition; students entering the Composites Technology Program or the first year of the Boatbuilding & Restoration Program are eligible.
- Marine Systems Scholarship: This new scholarship will cover 50 percent of tuition for a student entering the Marine Systems Program.
- Van Beuren Charitable Foundation Scholarship for Fine Craftsmanship: A total of $5,000 will be awarded to a student who is a Rhode Island resident.
- Marine Trades Scholarship for Women: A total of $5,000 will be awarded to a female student pursuing an education in the marine trades. Special consideration will be given to women who are entering or changing careers to the marine trades and have shown interest in the field through professional or personal pursuits.
- Hope Goddard Iselin Fund: This scholarship is awarded to female students in their first year in any of the IYRS full-time programs.
- Joyce Selig Fund: Awarded to second-year students in the Boatbuilding & Restoration Program.
For more information:
(401) 848-5777, ext. 205