Morris Yachts M29 a Lovely, Light Daysailor
December 22, 2010
Voted one of Sail Magazine’s top new boats of 2010, the M29 daysailor from Morris Yachts combines fun, beauty and comfort. Bearing graceful, traditional lines and built using modern materials and cutting-edge construction techniques, the 29 features a high-aspect-ratio fin keel, carbon spade rudder and efficient hull shape. The self-tacking jib makes the 29 a pleasure to sail to windward, and with all control lines leading aft and belowdeck, short- or singlehanded sailing is easy.
To reduce weight and improve responsiveness and strength, the 29 features a resin-infused fiberglass hull and a carbon-fiber mast (75 pounds) and rudder. One-design rules for the racing class emphasize sail purchase limitations, no crew-weight restrictions and a thoroughly strict one-design approach. All control systems have been designed for the lowest loads possible, making the 29 a snappy racer that’s also perfect for sailors of all ages and skill levels.
Other key features include:
- Trailerability: With her 7’ 4” beam, the total towing package weighs 6,875 pounds.
- Container-Ready: The entire M29 package (mast and trailer included) fits inside a high box container for easy, safe and cost-effective shipping to anywhere in the world. Once delivered, the container can serve as a storage shed or workshop.
- Deck Step: The lightweight carbon-fiber spar can be installed by 2 people.
- Free Training: An exclusive, 3-day, on-the-water training program is included with the purchase of an M29. Each customized program is designed to match the needs, skills and requests of the individual owner.
- CKL Spinnaker Launching: The CKL (Cuyler’s Kite Launcher) system offers singled-handed spinnaker launching.
- Simple Rigging: All mechanical and electrical installations are simple and straightforward.
- LOA: 29’ 2”
- LWL: 20’ 10”
- Beam: 7’ 4”
- Draft: 4’ 6”
- Displacement: 4,375 lbs.
- Sail area: 395 sq. ft.
- Fuel: 8 gals.
- Price: $135,000