New England boaters and fishermen no doubt recognize the Cobia name, even though the brand endured a hiatus in the late ‘90s. After being purchased by the respected Florida-based boatbuilding company Maverick in 2005, Cobia Is back in New England and better than ever, thanks to Maverick’s high standards of molding and finish work.
Case in point is the Cobia 277 center console, which offers big-water performance and features, including a flush-deck (no-step) cockpit, dual oversized fishboxes with macerators and a sportfisher-style deluxe tackle station with optional rocket launcher. The raised 42-gallon aft live well is just off centerline, allowing easy access to bait. Covering boards in the aft cockpit allow for convenient, safe storage of rods, gaffs and long-handled brushes.
The 277 CC comes standard with a hideaway electric-lift bow table, forward-entry step-down console with china head and sink, deluxe bolstered helm seats and fold-down rear bench seating. Easy access to plumbing, batteries and electrical systems make maintenance and service a breeze.
The 277 is designed to run with twin F200s with top speeds in the low 50s and a cruise in the mid-30s while averaging 2.3 miles per gallon. With a 189-gallon fuel tank, the boat has plenty of range. Additional engine options include twin F150s or twin F250s.
- LOA 27’ 7”
- Beam 9’ 8”
- Fuel 189 gals.
- Draft 23”
- Max Power 500 hp
- Weight 5,200 lbs (w/o engines)
Notable Standard Features
- Yamaha Command Link Gauge System
- Hydraulic Tilt Steering
- Electric Head at Macerator
- Trim tabs
- Insulated cooler in console (62 qt)
- Cockpit bolsters (aft)
- Fresh water at transom
- Raw-water washdown
- Cockpit insulated fish boxes w/ macerated overboard drains (2, 47 gal)
- Livewell (42 gal)
- Leaning post tackle station
- Rear seating w/ backrest
- SS flush mount pull-up cleats (5)
- Bow rail (fully recessed)
- Oversized bilge access door w/ electronic lift assist
- SS flush-mount flip-up bow light & chocks (2)
- Freshwater sink in console
- Forward console access door
- Convertible, double-bolstered helm seats
- Electronically adjusted forward table/sun lounge