NOAA Sets New Regs for GOM Cod & Haddock
April 23, 2014
NOAA Fisheries has announced that beginning on May 1, 2014, new minimum fish sizes, daily bag limits, and seasons will be effective for Gulf of Maine (GOM) recreational cod and haddock fishermen.
2014 Gulf of Maine Recreational Measures:
- The minimum fish size increases to 21”.
- The daily per-angler bag limit remains 9 fish per day.
- Possession prohibited (closed season) increases by 2 months: now September 1, 2014, to April 15, 2015. Possession of cod in the GOM regulated mesh area is permitted May 1 to August 30, 2014, and April 15 to 30, 2015.
- The minimum fish size remains 21”.
- The daily per angler bag limit is decreasing from an unlimited amount to 3 fish per day.
- Possession prohibited (closed season) increases by 4 months: September 1-November 30, 2014, and March 1 to April 30, 2015. Possession of haddock in the GOM regulated mesh area is permitted May 1 to August 30, 2014, and December 1, 2014 to February 28, 2015.
For more information read this PDF from the Grater Atlantic Region Bulletin.