Nominations Sought for Legendary Maine Guide Award
December 4, 2019
The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife is currently seeking nomination for its annual Wilmot (Wiggie) Robinson Legendary Guide Award.
Criteria for this prestigious award are as follows:
- Must meet 20-year anniversary as a Registered Maine Guide and have been an active guide for 10 years
- Must pass a criminal background check. Law-abiding citizen with no arrests for committing a crime related to: Human injury, gun laws or major hunting or fishing violations for 20 years.
- Must volunteer community service. Providing education about safety and survival in the Maine woods. Introducing and educating youth about the importance of the ecosystem found in the State of Maine.
- Must be active on boards or committees that enhances and promotes the importance of Maine’s outdoor resources, ie: youth programs, scout leader, conservation education, safety instructor, search and rescue volunteer, active in Fish and Game club(s), guide license examiner, etc.
This award will be presented to the recipient at the annual Maine Professional Guides Association banquet.
If you know a deserving Registered Maine Guide, please complete the nomination form and submit it by January 10, 2020.
Past Award Recipients
- Wilmot “Wiggie” Robinson (posthumously) 2009
- Gil Gilpatrick 2010
- Gary Corson 2011
- Gardner Defoe 2012
- Matthew P. Libby 2013
- Don Dudley 2014
- Danny Legere 2015
- Richard Scribner 2016
- Donald E. Helstrom, Jr 2017
- Lance Wheaton, 2018
- Bonnie Holding, 2019