North-South Rivers Paddling Put-In Spots
August 19, 2016
The North South Rivers Watershed Association of Scituate and Marshfield, MA, has posted an extensive list of places where paddlers can launch their kayaks, canoes and paddleboards on the North and South Rivers. Check it out below or click here.
- Hanover Canoe Launch: Off Elm Street near Luddam’s Ford Park. This is a difficult site at low tide, and may require some portage.
- Damon’s Point: There is a launch on the west side of the parking area. A Marshfield permit is required to park here.
- Brick Kiln Road: This site is part of Pembroke Conservation land. It is ½ mile down the lane on the right, and has limited parking. This site is used primarily by local residents.
- Chittenden Lane in Norwell (off River Street): This seldom-used town landing at the end of the lane is not well marked, has limited parking, and is only for use by Norwell residents with a permit.
- Union Street Bridge: The small parking lot on the Norwell side requires a Norwell parking permit. The Town of Marshfield maintains a public lot on the south side after the bridge. It is a wooded area with a dirt driveway with generally adequate parking among the trees.
- Kings Landing: Off Rte. 123 in Norwell (small launch fee).
- Roht Marine (former Mary’s Boat Livery): On south end of the Rte. 3A bridge in Marshfield (small launch fee). Call ahead.
- North River Marine: On north end of the Rte. 3A bridge in Scituate (small launch fee).
- Town of Scituate Parking Lot: Scituate Beach Permit is required to park here.
- South River Yacht Yard: Parking is not provided; must get permission from the boat yard.
- Marshfield Town Landing: Next to the Marshfield Yacht Club at the intersection of Ferry Street and Ridge Road. Marshfield Parking Permit required during the summer.
- James Landing Marina: Small launch fee and good parking.
- Driftway Conservation Area: Free dirt ramp with good parking. Affords quick access to the North River.