Ocean Kayak Malibu PDL Pedal-Drive Kayak
July 11, 2017
Ocean Kayak’s new Malibu Pedal features a hands-free pedal-drive system for fun, zippy, stable, turn-on-a-dime performance. The Malibu features a durable, rugged rotomolded polyethylene hull that’s lightweight, easy to car-top, and has a footprint that makes it easy to store. A kid’s jump seat makes family outings a breeze—there’s even room for the family dog!
With a 10.3:1 gear ratio for efficient pedaling, the PDL Drive System is capable of reaching speeds of 5.5 mph and features reverse operation. It mounts into the Malibu Pedal in seconds and can be quickly tipped into docking position for skinny-water situations or when beaching the craft. The PDL Drive System console also doubles as dry storage with a 6” access hatch. The pedals are padded for barefoot comfort and grip.
The Malibu Pedal’s removable, adjustable Element Beach Seat (EBS) is super-comfortable and quick-drying, and even doubles as a beach chair.
- Proven PDL Drive System with splash resistant storage
- Slide track adjustable seating
- Element Beach Seat (EBS) with mesh storage pocket underneath
- Click Seal hatch (under seat)
- Pet-friendly bow tankwell with bungees
- Three cup holders
- Stern tank well jump seat
- Bow and stern carrying handles
- 8” accessory tracks
- Length: 12’
- Width: 34.5”
- Weight: 100 lbs.
- Maximum Cap: 450 lbs.
- Available in 4 colors: Sea Glass, Envy, Sunrise, and Ahi.
For more information, visit the Ocean Kayak website.