Patagonia R1 Pullover
October 30, 2020
We had the opportunity to field-test Patagonia’s R1 fleece pullover ($129)this fall while fishing, camping, hiking, and paddling, and found it to be an ideal mid-layer garment for a variety of outdoor activities.
We really like the R1’s light weight, comfortable stretch fit, and moisture-wicking ability, as well as the Polygiene odor-control fabric—which really does work! The deep-venting zippered front proved useful to release heat or keep it in when the activity, or lack thereof, dictated. Oh, and the chest pocket was handy for keeping my phone within easy reach.
Key features include:
- High/low grid interior (Polartec Power Grid polyester) for light weight, breathability and versatility
- Fabric stretches, traps heat and compresses for ease of packing
- Minimalist, deep-venting front zipper allows for further temperature regulation, with a soft zipper garage to keep your chin comfy
- Off-shoulder seams sit comfortably under pack straps
- Polygiene permanent odor control helps prevent the growth of odor-causing microbes
- Exterior left-chest pocket with Slim Zip, zipper garage and mesh pocket bag
- Cuffs and hem finished with ultrasoft binding help seal in warmth
- Available in red, blue, grey and black