Public Urged to Attend Menhaden Hearings
March 20, 2012
The New England states will be holding a series of public hearings to address the commercial take of menhaden in coastal waters. Fishing and conservation groups are urging their constituents to attend these hearings and voice their concern over the harvest of these critical forage fish in New England waters.
Rhode Island Division of Fish & Wildlife
March 28: 6:00 p.m.
- URI Narragansett Bay Campus, Corless Auditorium South Ferry Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island
- Contact: Jason McNamee (401-423-1943)
Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries
April 2: 6:00 p.m
- Plymouth Public Library, Otto Fehlow Room, 132 South Street, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Contact: David Pierce (617-626-1532)
Public comments can also be submitted via letter or email.
- The public comment deadline is April 20.
- Send comments to Mike Waine, Fishery Management Plan Coordinator, 1050 N. Highland St., Suite 200 A-N, Arlington, VA 22200
- Email: email@example.com (subject line: Menhaden PID).