Faria GPS Speedometer Provides Accurate Data
December 10, 2013
The new Faria GPS speedometer is an easy, drop-in replacement for a boat’s current speedometer and can be made to match an existing instrument dash in a standard 4” (85 mm) dashboard hole.
GPS information is gathered from an internal GPS antenna, so no external antenna is required.
The speedometer uses a 48-channel GPS receiver to produce the most accurate GPS information available on the market today. Course Over Ground (COG) and actual heading (compass heading over ground) are displayed on an optional digital LCD. Speed data is indicated via an analog pointer driven by a digital stepper motor for increased accuracy and minimized pointer bounce during vessel operation.
- Multiple speed ranges up to 80 mph, 130 kph and 70 knots
- Premium LED back-lit or edge-lit dials
- Internal GPS antenna
- LCD compass rose heading and actual heading (COG)
- Fast satellite acquisition time (TTFF) – 1 second from hot start
- Speed accuracy of +/- 1 mph
- Heading accuracy of +/- 1 degree
- Digital stepper motor driven pointers
- Deutsch connector cases
- Custom OEM styles and ranges available
For further information go to the Faria Instruments website.