Sail Magazine Announces Best Boats of 2011
November 22, 2010
SAIL Magazine has announced the Best Boats Awards for 2011 in the December issue.
This year’s team of SAIL’s Best Boats judges—Nigel Calder, Adam Cort, Charles Doane, Tom Dove, Peter Nielsen and David Schmidt—pored over the Best Boats nominees on the docks at the Newport and Annapolis shows, and sailed many of the finalists in order to arrive at the list of winners below.
- Most Innovative Systems: Beneteau Sense 50 (beneteauusa.com)
- Flagship Multihull: Gunboat 66 (gunboat.com)
- Flagship Monohull: Southerly 57RS (northshore.co.uk)
- Cruising Multihull: Discovery 50 (discoveryyachts.com)
- Cruising Accommodations: Discovery 50 (discoveryyachts.com)
- Cruising Monohull Under 50 feet: Presto 30 (ryderboats.com)
- Performance, 30 feet and Over: Beneteau First 30 (beneteauusa.com)
- Performance, 30 feet and Under: X-Treme 25 (gforceyachts.com)
- Small Boat Under 25 feet: K650 (yum-boats.com)
- Best Dinghy: Taz (topazsailing.com)
- Deck and Cockpit: J/111 (jboats.com)
- The Green Award: Hunter 27E (huntermarine.com)
Do you agree with the choices?
If you have any other suggestions please share them with us in the space below.