October 16, 2015
Scituate Harbor Names & Numbers
Boaters approaching Scituate Harbor from any direction in Cape Cod Bay can simply pick up the red-white “SA” gong a half-mile east of the harbor then follow the well-marked channel through the breakwater and past the iconic Old Scituate Lighthouse. Do not try to “short-cut” the buoys without local knowledge, as a series of large boulders pepper the waters on both sides of the inlet. Mean low water in the channel is at least 12’.
Dockage, Moorings & Service
Scituate Maritime Center (781) 545-8740
- Municipal marina at head of the harbor with transient slips, kayak ramp, bathrooms and showers.
Cole Parkway Marina (781) 545-2130
- Town-managed marina near head of the harbor. Offers transient slips, moorings and dinghy dock. Offers short-term dockage on weekdays.
Mill Wharf Marina (781) 545-3333
- Large marina with transient slips, floating docks, fuel dock, WiFi, electric, water, showers and more.
Scituate Harbor Marina (781) 545-2165
- Fuel dock, transient slips, electric, water, ice and showers.
Scituate Harbor Yacht Club (781) 545-0372
- Offers transient moorings and reciprocal privileges to members of affiliated yacht clubs.
Scituate Boat Works (781) 545-0487
- Slips, storage, engine and hull repair, haul out, detailing, electronics installation, canvas work and more.
Scituate Launch (781) 545-4154
- Launch service and harbor tours.
- (781) 545-8724
An excellent, free public launch ramp with ample parking and quick access to open water is located on the northern part of the harbor, off Jericho Lane. Kayaks and other hand-carried boats can be launched at the Maritime Center or at James Landing on the North River.
Village Market (781) 545-4896
- Produce, meats, cheeses, beer and more on Front St. near the harbor.
Satuit Hardware (781) 545-8370
- Old-fashioned hardware store carrying a variety of marine items.
Where to Eat
TK O’Malley’s Sports Café (781) 545-4012
- Dock-and-dine restaurant with outdoor seating and great harbor views.
ORO (781) 378-2465;
- Fine dining with menu featuring produce from small farms and fresh seafood from local fishing boats.
Galley Kitchen & Bar (781) 545-3663
- Contemporary gastropub specializing in small plates, local brews, shucked oysters and anything and everything that’s fresh and local.
Satuit Tavern (781) 545-2500
- Harbor restaurant known for its fresh seafood, chowder, pizza and sandwiches.
Barker Tavern (781) 545-6533
- Fine dining in a restored 17th century house and garrison.
Maria’s Sub Shop (781) 545-2323
- Local favorite for submarine sandwiches and pizza.
- Large waterfront restaurant and bar overlooking the harbor.
Lucky Finn Café (781) 378-2932
- Boathouse cafe on the harbor featuring fine coffees, desserts and espresso.
Things to See & Do
Irish Mossing Museum (781) 545-5565
- Explore the history of this unique seaweed-harvesting industry. Also features a Shipwreck Room with exhibit on the Portand Gale of 1898 and its effect on Scituate and the surrounding area.
- Visit the iconic lighthouse on Cedar Point, at the northern side of the inlet. Tours available.
Lucky Finn Schooner Tours (781) 378-2932
- Sail aboard a classic, round-stern bugeye schooner in and around Scituate Harbor.
Widow’s Walk Golf Course (781) 544-7777
- Eighteen-hole course bordering the scenic North River.
Satuit Bowlaway (781) 545-9726
- Cool retro bowling alley near the harbor. Good rainy-day escape.
Mill Wharf Cinemas (781) 545-3130
- First-run movies near the harbor.
Where to Stay
Inn at Scituate Harbor (781) 545-5550
- Comfortable, convenient inn overlooking the harbor. One of a handful of accommodations on the waterfront, the Inn provides a Continental breakfast and harbor views from every room.