Where to Dock and Dine in Onset, MA
February 27, 2018
With harbors on both Cape Cod Bay and Buzzards Bay, Onset, MA makes a great boating – and dining – destination.
WHERE TO DOCK:
- Designated federal anchorage – 5-15 feet of water, located between Wickets and Onset Islands
- Town of Wareham/Onset Town Pier – Free town transient dockage at the pier, space-permitting, and guest moorings in the harbor. Reserve online or contact the Dept. of Natural Resources / Harbormaster and Shellfish Division at (508) 291-3100 ext. 3180.
- Stonebridge Marina – Located on Broad Cove, a short walk from the village center. Primarily for powerboats 35 feet and under, although it also maintains 4 deep-water moorings.
- Brewer Onset Bay Marina – Located on Onset Bay. Full-service, year-round facility for vessels up to 120 feet, with slips, moorings and valet rack storage.
- Guest slips and moorings sometimes available via Point Independence Yacht Club, located between the two marinas above. Reciprocal privileges offered to members of other yacht clubs.
WHERE TO DINE:
Stonebridge Bar and Grill
Conveniently located right at Stonebridge Marina, Stonebridge Bar and Grill specializes in seafood, grilled steaks and Italian dishes. Tip: mariners in small boats (26′ and under) can dock at the marina at no charge while they dine.
Stash’s Onset Beach
Right on the wharf is Stash’s Onset Beach, which serves typical New England “clam shack” fare, New York-style pizza, burgers, hot dogs and a variety of other dishes, including homemade lasagna. It has outdoor and indoor seating overlooking the beach and the Town Pier.
Hip, happening Quahog Republic is a haven for lovers of lobster rolls, fish-and-chips, raw oysters and, of course, stuffed quahogs. Not to be missed is their Bloody Mary featuring a pepper-, sun-dried-tomato- and garlic-infused vodka garnished with bacon.
If you hanker for delicious thin-crust pizza, along with subs, pasta, steamed clams or fried onion rings, Marc Anthony’s popular pizzeria is also a few steps from the wharf. This big, boisterous place is a favorite après-beach hangout, especially among kids, who can hammer away at video games while the adults share a pie and a pitcher of beer at the long communal tables.